I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

ha...WHAT!?!? I'm a dad?‏

Well hey there! Don't let the subject line scare you! I'll explain in the email! I didn't die or anything! Sorry i haven't been able to get to a computer for a bit and don't have alot of time but i'll just cover the big topics! I had a baptism in my last area before i left, named Aisea Uipi. That was number 13 for me! Sunday the 2nd i found out i was transfering and langi was staying. So monday they pick me up and i was asking where i was going and they didn't know! I asked who my comp was and they didn't know. They took me to stay with elder martiniez, who i came to tonga with, and i stayed with him for a couple days. I have been praying to be his comp and he was praying to be my comp to so we were pretty excited. But we didn't think it'd really happen so we kept asking then they found out we were waiting together for our new comps cause we'd be trainers. We both just thought whatever dont lie. But i stayed with him for 2 days and then it really happened. ha...WHAT?!?!?! I'm a dad? Yup! In the mission when you train a new missionary you are considered their dad, your second comp is your mom. and so basically i have a son now! His name is elder piuleini. He's from tonga. But I just felt sooooo inadequate! My language is still terrible and i still haven't even taught most of most the lessons. Well, i know god wouldnt call me to do it if i couldn't so i've been really praying and relying on him. So we are in a new area called Te'ekiu. I love my comp. He's so helpful to me! Just a little crazy i'm actually training. So that's really just the big news. I was really scared and it helped alot to be with martinez those 2 days and go through this experience together. He's become a really good friend to me. But yeah that's kinda the big news. Had a cool little talk with president after i got my new comp. He just pulled me aside and thanked me for all i did and being so patient with my last comp in my last area and he just said he trusts me. Man, lot's of emotions about being a trainer but so far it's been good! I've gotten quite a bit of mail this transfer too! Got 3 packages from mom one from kevin one from grandma and grandpa nielson and one from merrit! Thank you all for all of that and then i've gotten letters from grandma hamblin, and landon! So thank you all for that! A couple challenges. first read the october ensign! It's so good! second if you have one, pray to get what you need from it then read your patriarchal blessing. I had a great experience with that this past week! Um, one day i ate for 2 hours straight at a fafanga...that was a record. in my new area we visited all of one of our 3 wards on wednesday and asked them all to try to find us someone to teach! had president interviews which were good. Happy birthday lance last week! I saw my first real fight, that was pretty crazy! be careful with the pics i recently sent home.. some are kind of graphic about the second dog i ate! just a warning! our p day is now changed to monday. We taught a little kid sunday and he's going to be baptized on saturday! So yeah! teaching him again today! Anyway think that's about it! Hope you all enjoyed! SOrry it's been a bit! Love and miss you all! Til next time!
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment