I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Well, Hey!

Hey everybody! How's it all going? Hope all is well! Everything is good here! We spent this last week looking for new investigators to no avail! Hopefully this next week! We just got done teaching viliami and lueni! It's went good. Bishop and his wife helped us with that! We basically just covered the last bit of the lessons and asked viliami what he doesn't believe. The book of mormon. He brought up how the bible says don't add. Well we helped him understand that and next monday having a family home evening with bishop next monday about the book of mormon! I really want to see them baptized! President came this week and said me and my comp might transfer to vava'u. The most beautiful group of islands here in tonga. It'd be awesome and i've been dying to go but i love viliami and lueni and want to help them! So if i go there i only get to email like every three weeks. So i'll try to let you know somehow if i do get transferred there this week. We were supposed to go the day pres came but he couldn't get our tickets cause it's been to stormy! SO we'll see if we go this week! If so i love you all and will talk to ya in awhile! But other than that not much changed besides my heart and my view of some things. Lately i have really tried to improve my prayers. I feel they have really improved and are just more sincere, i also read a book mom sent me,by the way mom got your christmas and birthday package and grandma and grandpa nielson got yours, thanks!, but the book is recieving answers to prayers and it was a really good book. You all should read it! But that book and  "making the most of your mission" those two books helped me so much, I have so much more of a desire to just work hard and i have been doing better. Even though we don't have many investigators right now i have all the faith in the world we will find some! I don't know I feel like i've just really spiritually grown over the last few weeks. Have some new years goals that i'm excited to work on. I've been able to feel the spirit more abundantly and things are just going good. I love this work and i love what i'm doing and scared to have less than a year now. I feel like i still have so much more to do that will take more than a year! I know i have a father in heaven who cares for each of us and will always do what is best for us at the best time. We need to be patient. I love you all and I hope you guys can just all work to try to love everyone and treat them as your own family. That is so important and what the savior does. But one last thing i wanted to mention. I'm becoming more and more convinced we are what we think about. If we can master controling our thoughts, we won't give into temptation because any temptation always starts out with a little thought. So challenge. Control your thoughts. Think about good things.I hope we can all try harder to do this! I know this work is so important and know it's what God would have me do. I love you all! Til next time!
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment