I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Another transfer coming to a close

Well it's the last week of this transfer! Already been 6 weeks since i got my son! That was fast! But i already know i'm staying in this area with him cause of the new 12 week training program! So yeah! Fun fact for ya! How are you all? I hope well! I'm doin fantastic! So here is the 411 on the week! We taught the plan of salvation to the mutual kids. Some investigators were supposed to come but didn't but it was still good. Talking about the plan of salvation always brings the spirit so strong! I love it! It really is such a plan of happiness! Then thursday we taught a little family Viliami and his wife and their 3 year old. They are weslyan. They have a lot of family that are members. So we went and they are just wanting to know about our church! So we taught. I had my comp lead the lesson. He got a bit lost haha. But we were able to have the spirit there still and committed both of them to read the book of mormon. Viliami said it was a blessing for him to read it. While i testified of the book of mormon i just felt that it was so true and almost started crying. I feel like this last week was a great spiritually growing week for me. But anyway we are teaching that family again tonight. Hope it goes good! They are nice! I'm eating watermelon by the melon out here and pineapple by the apple. Ken you'd be jealous. This watermelon is so dang good! Haha it's great! The best part is is bishop just grows all this watermelon and brings us alot for free! It's great! So this lady taufa has been supposed to be getting baptized forever and says she wants to but always has excused. Hopefully we can figure out how to help her better and let her desire to get baptized overpower the excuses! Ken happy birthday and tyden congrats on your baptism! I bet it was great! I really wish i could have been there! I heard that was really special and he was just the happiest little guy ever! That's awesome! i'll get home right in time for brookies baptism! So i've really been reading the book of mormon alot in tongan. Trying to finish it before the end of the year and just finishing alma. I decided if we are reading the book of mormon or scriptures daily we always have something to talk about. I serve in a branch, 25 people. On fast sunday the president asks everyone to testify and if they want to give a talk that's great to fill the time haha. Anyway i got up and gave like a 10 minute talk out of nowhere just on what i read in the book of mormon the day before. About moroni doing all his preparations in alma 48 and how we can take that as we need to really prepare ourselves to stand against satan and how we can all become like moroni because verse 17 in that chapter is so strong. You should read it! But yeah. I've really enjoyed the book of mormon lately. It's been great! I'm getting alot from it! Read it twice before but still getting so much from it! So challenge to you all. Read the Book of Mormon. Just like i testified to the family. You WILL feel it is true. I promise you will. Because it is true. And we can learn so much from it! It has so many answers to so many things and it is just one truely amazing book. Read it and I promise you'll feel it's true. Read Galations 5:22-23 and tell me that that is not what you feel when you read it. Something i have enjoyed lately also is spiritual music. It just has made me feel happy and just brings a spirit into the house. So you guys should play some spiritual music every once in awhile! It's nice and relaxing and enjoyable! Today we had a good district meeting with the AP's and ZL's from another zone. I just want to say i know this work is the most important work ever! I love it. I know it can bring happiness into peoples lives. If you lack happiness, search the gospel and you will find it. There is comfort for everyone that seeks it in the gospel of jesus christ that was restored through joseph smith. I know christ lives and died for us. We are able to live again and not feel guilty for the things we do wrong because of his infinite atoning sacrifice that no one else could do to save the world in the most literal sense. I love him and i love my living heavenly father who knows and cares about me and is trying to help me through this life even if it means i suffer some, it's only to prepare me for what is to come. I love you all family and friends and miss you! Have a wonderful week! 
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment