I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What a great week!

Well i feel like i have a ton to say and not much time to say it so i'll say what i can the best i can! Hope it makes sense! So this week We got to teach viliami and lueni, last sunday i fasted to know how to help them and after church our bishop counselor gave us advice, i took that as the answer, he said reteach joseph smith and visit them everyday. Well we visited them everyday and well we went to teach a lesson and it was so cool! Spirit totally lead it! I just talked to them and asked about the last lesson and they both kept their commitment to read 2 nephi 31 and i asked them how it was, lueni said she felt it was true. Viliami said it was good to read about seriously repenting. Ah i wish i could give all the details but i don't have time. no worries i have it in my journal so one day i can explain it to you if you ask. But anyway all of it just lead perfectly to joseph smith and stuff and man it was just great. They both opened up and just said they don't have food or really anything. I just feel so much love for this little family! So after our lesson i gave them 50 bucks. All i had left from my money i got for the month. But luckily the next day grandpa rose sent me money so it was good! But we've been trying to help them buyin them food sometimes and daipers too. And they both came to church sunday! it was awesome! Man lueni is great! She keeps her own study journal for when she reads and took it to church and she just is so ready! The only thing stoping her is viliami still needs to build his faith! Ah i want to see them baptized so bad before i leave this area which is most likely the 26th! it's been going really good with them lately though! Hopefully we can keep it up! I fasted for them again sunday to be touched at church! Hope they were! So the next thing. I read all of conference this past week! Dang it was so good! I really liked elder hales talk waiting upon the lord. He said alot but the thing that stuck out to me was this he said "In my life i have learned that some times i do not receive an answer to a prayer beause the Lord knows i am not ready. when we does answer it is ofter "here a little there a little" (Here is the big part) because that is all i can bear or ALL THAT I AM WILLING TO DO." That last part is so true. Sometimes we pray for something but how willing are we really to make our lives so we can get that answer? I wish i could explain what i'm thinking right now. But just another thing with prayer. WHen our prayers are answered, we know our will is in line with gods, when they are not, probably not quite what he wants for us, that or we just need to be more patient and wait for the answers. I don't know the challenge this week is read elder hales talk from conference! Another talk i liked was sister Daltons. Love her mother, that has actually been a thought on my mind in my life and kinda recently and her talk just made me so excited to treat my wife the best i possibly can! But anyway i can't really explain well all i want to about my reading these talks. Just read them and pray god will let you feel what i felt or get what you need to from it! But anyway i gotta get, I love you and miss you all! Til Next time!
Love,
Elder Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment