I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moving right along

Well today is transfer day! Beginning #7! Still in te'ekiu with my son! I thought i might be district leader but i'm not. Which i'm okay with! Training is good enough for me! :) anywho! How are all y'all? I'm doin great! Things are just going right along here in tonga! Sometimes i wonder what happens to time! Goes so fast! Anyway here is what happened this past week! We taught Viliami and Lueni again lesson 2. it's funny to watch peoples faces somethimes teaching that lesson because you just see them get strange looks like what? huh? Didn't know that! But they both understood it. and they both said they would come to church sunday! Well we went to church and they were a no show. Kinda disappointing. But lueni is reading everything we ask her to from the BOM which is a good thing! In church we were sitting there and the counselor gets up and says. we'll be pleased to hear from the missionaries. Haha oh yeah? Good thing i spoke last week in a different ward so i already kinda had something i could just talk about! So yeah! And for mutual lately we've been just giving the lessons and the kids invite less actives and non members. we have taught the first three lessons. and then on saturday one of the kids that came to the mutual who isn't a member came to us and said hey can you keep teaching me? I've been taught before but i like the church and want to be baptized and serve a mission. His name is manatu. So I'll keep you updated on his progress through time. Right now that's kinda about it with investigators. Something that is kinda funny. There is an elder here named elder Uasila'a. He's from Vava'u. I was on a comp exchange with him back when i was in my like 3rd transfer and he said his dad named him viscount after a hotel in salt lake. Well i just found out a few days ago his whole name is Viscount Tosaltlakecity Uasila'a. Hahah i find that funny. Tongans come up with funny stuff. Like Mele Kalisimasi (merry christmas) haha. But anyway i think that might be all for now. Sorry kinda short! All is well though! THanks everyone for all your support and love! I miss you all! Til next time,
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment