I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy new year!‏

Hey everyone! it was sooo great to talk to you all last week! I can't believe it's already been a week! That's crazy! But it was a definite highlight of my mission so far! So thank you all! Something i know you all would be interested in knowing, so i thought i was doin pretty good, but i found a scale, wieghed myself. Yup, gained 20-30 pounds so far. I'm close to 200 haha. Wow that's embarrassing eh? Hopefully the next year doesn't bring 30 more! That would be bad! Well last week we had a baptism and told most of you of that and my first time doing the confirmation for paea ta'ufo'ou! Well transfers were this week! But i'm staying in my area and training again! 2 sons in less than a year! That's crazy! My new son is Elder Lauti from Vava'u! He's really great and just wants to work hard! I had kind of a cool experience this week and was just kind of an eye opener for how important what i'm doing really is! And how important the spirit is! I just really have a lot more drive and motivation to work even harder. But i'm hoping we can find investigators to teach and baptize! We still are just kinda working with Viliami and Lueni but really need to find more people! We went to all the ward members and just asked for referrals and got a few but i don't know if any of them are really ready golden families but my faith is high and i'm gonna put it to the test! I'll be in this area til march and it was hard to get those 2 baptisms the last 2 transfers. But it's okay we'll do good! I had to shed a tear seeing my first son go. That was kinda hard and i was scared again to train but it's been good! I also had to shed a tear seeing a fellow district member, elder groom, leave the district and go to vava'u. he's like my brother! But everything is good. It's been pretty cool this last week just kinda out of nowhere i've really been able to just understand people, don't know what it is but it's been nice and i have really just been talking tongan. My comp understands english but can't really speak it but i've just been speaking tongan anyway it's been good. My comp speaks so fast it's crazy but somehow most of the time i've been able to under stand! But that's about it! I'm excited for what this next year and some days has in store and i'm going to make the most of it! I love you all and i miss you!
Til next week!
Love elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment