I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Still here!‏

Hey still here in te'ekiu (translation for te'ekiu is sea bird crap, sweet eh?)
Still not sure if i'll go to vava'u or not so guess we'll just see! but for now just a few things this week! Woke up to a fight outside our house the other day, bunch of drunk guys. That was funny. Later that day they all wanted to talk to me and were just like man lose(rose) we just love you when you go back to america remember this day haha. It was funny. we have FHE tonight with viliami and lueni. I'm hoping to set a baptism date for saturday. I really really hope they will be! I love that family and want to see it happen! Someone in our areas pig was killed. Thats big news here in tonga. Police almost got involved haha. Ate that pig. It was delicious. Had stake conference saturday and sunday. There were as many people there as in my ward back home. haha. this stake covers half of tongatapu. But yeah not much else. Language is coming. Really starting to understand well and can just talk to people so it's nice! Oh almost forgot! Good news! Lost 5 pounds! only 190 now! haha hopefully i'm not 240 when i get back! That'd be no bueno! But honestly thats really about all this week! Hoping to send some pics home so hopefully they get there! But i love you and miss you all! All is well here on the other side of the world! Til next time!
Love,
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment