I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Time for transfers again

Yeah transfers are on monday, we'll see where i end up! This transfer went so fast! If i end up in a place with no email i'm sorry! I'll do my best to keep you up to date! Anyway sorry been a couple weeks again. I'll try to cover some important stuff for you all if you care to read if not that's okay you are busy and i understand! :) But i love to get all your emails and mail! I hope you all know that! Sorry if i'm not always able to respond! I do my best! I was in a little earthquake. Just studying on my bed then i just started moving and i looked at a waterbottle and the water in it was moving! Just a small thing nothing big at all just a little wobble and i was like wooo this is fun! haha No worries. I'm fine. So over the last 2 transfers been way hard to stay motivated and focused because of my companion and i guess i kinda almost forgot what it was like to be a real missionary but we did this family home evening with this family, just a guy his wife and their little daughter. They really made an impact on my life for the long run. Just made me see the importance of the gospel! But coming out of it brought back the feelings for what i am here for. it was just what i needed! Oh challenge for you all. Something i'm doing too. I was thinkin the other day how i can liken the scriptures to myself. Well I'm named after jacob and aaron from the book of mormon. I decided i'm going to read their accounts and get all i can from it! Disect every sentence. They were amazing missionaries so i thought if i could be like the i'll be successful. I'm only in jacob 3 right now but what has stuck out so far is jacob 1:19 read it. I've never really thought of the work that way. Kind of an eye opener to me! So figure out a way to liken the scriptures to you and act on it! You'll get more from the scriptures and the lord will bless you abundantly! I got bit by a small dog that actually surprisingly bit pretty hard. Stupid little thing. I got it unstuck and it bit me. We've actually done some missionary work over the last couple weeks. Getting referals (not doing much with them) but getting them, taught a few lessons. and a little kid is getting baptized on friday! Thats exciting! We gave a blessing to an old sick man named Feongoi Tupou. People wonder why i can't remember the name of who is feeding us today. You see why. I said the closing prayer in sacrament. Okay so kinda cool. I want you if you can to get your hands on a duty to god booklet (the new one for boys) and look at the pictures. There is a kid in a red sweater and a guy in a blue jacket that looks really familiar if you can tell me who it is in next email i'll be proud of you! We had a power outage for a few hours one night. Right at the time i needed light to write in my journal haha. I gave a blind man my flipflops. To see the joy that brought him was pretty crazy! It really made my day to see my small act of kindness made someone so happy. He was already such a cheerful guy but it made him more happy. Never met him before and probably never will again. But I loved the feeling i got from doing that. I got a new haircut today. Different kinda style. Not to bad. Anyway that's really about it! Sorry not more exciting! Hopefully i'll get to email next week! I love you and miss you all! Thanks for all you do!
Love,
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment