I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Yup yup, it's me!

Hey everyone! Gonna make this one quick sorry! Here we go! You are all dying to know how the open house went. It went good i talked for almost 7 minutes but that is okay cause we started 23 minutes late anyway waiting for my mission president haha. But went good. After pretty much being sick from the frustration and everything i felt it all ended up okay. I even understood my president tell everyone after in his talk it was a miracle i could do what i did after only 6 months of being in tonga, i think that was the only thing i understood him say but it was just comforting so that's good. On saturday I got to baptize Ileine. It was awesome! There was actually another girl we baptized too! Her name was Fuatapu (haha forbidden fruit is what that means) So as of now i'm at 12 baptisms. 8 in kolonga/afa and by the end of this transfer i think we'll have at least....12. So thatd be cool. I hope so at least if someone decides they want to work. he was sick this last week but basically milking that to it's fullest. but life is going on. On sunday we were supposed to talk but comp was sick so we stayed home! I started reading jesus the christ it's really good! and then on tuesday i conducted our district meeting in our house cause comp was sick but it went good. Kinda fun haha. And then last thoughts, Happy birthday to Griff, Mom, and Tracy! I hope you all have a good one! I love and miss you all! Thank you for everything and all the love and support as always! You all make me want to keep going and work harder! I love you!
Love,
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment