I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I don't remember English being so hard to learn...

Hey there everyone! As always i hope you are all doing well. Things are going here in Tonga. Another transfer here we come. Number 5. I got to stay in my area which i was way excited about. Same comp, which i can't say i was just as excited about but oh well. anyway here are the highlights of the week. Last thursday after i emailed i read the whole our search for happiness book. That's way good! I encourage all of you to read that and our heritage! haha i also got to see a byu vs usu football game from 2009 while we ate at bishops house that night! Holy cow i didn't know i missed that too haha. It was fun to see it! I only saw the last quarter. BYU won. on sunday i got some letters. one from jenna from march 15, 2 from grandma and grandpa neilson from march 21 and april 19, one from merrit sent july 19 and one from grandma hamblin sent april 14. It is always nice to get letters! we did Nisi's confirmation on sunday, it was really good. Took some pictures with her and her family after church. Monday was transfers and well you already know what happened. not much tuesday, wednesday i read the whole august liahona. and we talked to the bishop about the open house on friday (today). yesterday was pday we played volleyball and i got some emailing done but not all so hence why i'm doing this now haha. and then today this morning we got a call and finally told what to do at the open house. The topic is missionary work. They expect me to do a half hour. Hahah funny joke. so i'm pretty worried about that, i'll just do what i can and hope it goes well. Ah man. I'm struggling so bad trying to learn this language. Still don't really understand anything and sometimes feel like i'm about as far as i was when i left the mtc, but i'm trying. It just is really frustrating. and having a comp that doesn't help isn't very encouraging either. anyway. Hope that you are all doing good. Those of you that have had to learn another language, any suggestions on how to comprehend and listen and improve your vocabulary i'm open to suggestions. Some good news is we have a baptism on saturday! Ileine, Sounds like Elaine. She is the sister of Meliane who i baptized at the beginning of the month and the step daughter of Venisi who i baptized last week! Last week when i told her we might be moving she was said cause she wanted me to baptize her just like the others in her family. When we saw her again and told her we were staying she was like so you are baptizing me? i said yeah and she smiled and gave me a high five haha. she was excited and i'm excited to help complete their family. And i think we actually have 2 other baptisms for people who have lost records. That happens alot here! Honestly we could have like 7 baptisms this transfer but my comp doesn't always like to work as you can see by the days there wasn't much highlight about missionary work and all the time i have to read but luckily we get lots of referrals and people are ready to listen!  Well thank you all for all you do for me! Sorry this is kinda short! You are all in my prayers constantly! I can feel of all your love to me through your letters and email and prayers thank you! You all keep doing your best and I'll keep doing mine! I love you and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment