I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gotta make this one quick!

Hey everyone! Not alot of time to email this week so i'm gonna try to keep it quick! Friday was like christmas! I got 3 packages. All from mom. Some tapes and candy and garments and journal! We got to meet up with my MTC teacher brother payne who visited here. It was cool seein him again. I realized Isaac can turn in his papers this month. That's freakin cool if he does. I'd like to hear from him! saturday did a comp exchange. I was with elder tafea. We walked aton trying to find this house and we finally did but no one was home. it sucked haha. But we went to a baptism of the wife and daughter of the guy who was baptized in like march by the mission prez. The Spirit was so strong! Then we had a FHE with a less active family that night. sunday some of the people we invited to church showed up! IT was really good too see. But we didn't get the chance to talk to them cause we had to leave early cause the AP's needed us to help them teach. I went with elder taumalolo and he did probably the most boring lesson i've ever seen. There are like 5 investigators teaching them all at once and he just did it all on the chalk board and did it like a school lesson. Pretty sure no one felt the spirit really. I saw like 2 of them nodding off. Hopefully they felt something during it though that helps them! Monday. Can't believe we are already almost half way done with the transfer! Way fast! We gave a blessing that morning to bishop whose leg was hurting him from diabetes. He ended up in a wheel chair. (today though we saw him standing up walking around. HOpefully that is just a good sign that the blessing helped!) We taught a 9 year old lesson 1. It went really good. then we had an FHE with his family. Tuesday. We had district meeting. Went pretty good! just like normal. We taught misi lesson 2. Another good thing. He's getting baptized next saturday! I saw while i was eating dinner that night that the Mavs won the championship. Good for them. I wanted miami to win but i'm glad mavs did over the lakers. Take that anyday! Then we had a good comp inventory that night. Wednesday. I got a package from Jenna! It was pretty dang sweet! All this packages were sent in may SO they all got here really fast! I wonder where all the other ones are? HOpefully they come soon? We taught Misi lesson 3. I tried to just wing what i was teaching and not have anything just memorized. It went okay. Not real smooth. I was reallyjumbled together. But good thing maka cleared it up for me. Then me and Elder tafea went to set up an appointment while maka and unga went to another house we had planned to go to at the same time. we got the appointment for saturday which is 2 investigators that are basically for sure baptisms which is good! That's really all the highlights for this week! SOrry it was quick! I love you and miss you all and very thankful for all the support and love and mail and prayers and everything from you! I am so thankful to be out here being a missionary it is so awesome! A truely amazing experience! I feel so blessed to do so! Til next week! 
Love,
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment