I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

16,17 and 18

Hey everyone! 
Wow it seems like i just wrote you all! This week went by so dang fast! I can't believe how busy we were too! Everyday just super busy! It was crazy! But first things first! The baptism and confirmation of Viliami 'Ofa Mei Muli Huihui and Mele Lueni Huihui and Lose Moleni all went fantastic! Probably one of the happiest days of my mission so far! Almost cried baptizing Viliami! Man i was so happy. President and his wife and the AP's and the Zone Leaders and my district leader all came. It was just great! :) But this week we were super busy. We got more investigators. Nisi a girl age 15, her sister Lasi age 9, a 13 year old girl named Ofa and a 15 year old boy named Ualita. We taught all them and were supposed to baptize Nisi, Lasi and Ualita on saturday but couldn't baptize the 2 girls because her dad said no. Both their parents are baptized and when they asked to be baptized dad said no but he said he knows it's true and the right church and way to be baptized. It stinks. that's the hardest part of my mission. Parents saying kids can't be baptized or people are scared of their family or something but yeah so we weren't able to but her dad goes to new zealand on the 14th and she said she wants to be baptized then. hopefully we are still around but i doubt we will be! and ualita, well everything was set and ready to go saturday but he had a physical problem and couldn't make it so we are doing it on this coming saturday! But yeah! Work was just really busy this week! It was cool! It was exciting! So busy with teachings and stuff all day every day! But We have transfers on next monday and i'm really expecting to leave this area. Te'ekiu. I'll surly miss it here. I love these people. so if i do get transferred to Vava'u like what was supposed to happen. i'll talk to you all when i can! Hopefully it won't be too long but don't worry! I love you all and miss you all! 
Til next time,
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment