I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Patience, patience, patience

Hey everyone. Sorry i'm a bit late. In this new area i wont always have access to internet and had to come to a different town to get it so sorry about that and on thursday i got real busy. This email is gonna be a bit different and probably kinda short. This email I'm going to focus on all the life lessons i've learned this past week. Instead of sayin all the complaints i could say i'm just gonna keep this positive like i've been trying to do here. So first lesson. Impatience is selfishness. My companion was doing something that i thought wasn't as productive as we could but i couldn't come up with anything better than i just wanted to get home so i could get my package. That's lesson one. Impatience always comes through our own selfishness and not putting others first. Second. Esteem thy brother. My comp is a bit different from the ones i've had and doesn't neccissarily like to keep to the rules per say. Well i was getting frustrated and was reading DC i think it was 38 24-25 and it said esteem thy brother. Looked up esteem and it said also love and respect. So that's what i've been working on lately! Third lesson. I really have found joy in this gospel and hope you have too! This mission sometimes can get spiritually draining but i took refuge in the ensign with the conference talks. Read the whole magazine. Man, we are lucky to have all those talks. So reflecting back over this past week i've realized how much i've grown over the last 7 months. I realized how many things i took for granted such as church and seminary, i could have gotten so much more out of it before the mission. I really regret not doing that. If only i were a wiser teenager. But now i look at my future and see how many things i'll be doing differently. How much more my life will be influenced and lived by the gospel and fulfilling my callings in church better. There are lots of stuff i reflect on and can see change and i'm truely blessed to be here on the mission. I love it! Well i'll throw in some quick updates. After i emailed last i got some mail. One dear elder from jenna sent mar 11. one letter from grandma and grandpa neilson sent mar 14 a dear elder from merrit sent apr 4 and a couple others! oh and i also got a package from grandma and grandpa neilson sent kinda recently with some cereal! It was awesome, too bad i got it with lots of missionaries around and when they see you have a package you open it in front of everyone and share haha so lets say cereal lasted about 10 minutes if that. Real quick, since i don't have alot of time this week sorry if i don't email you personally! I read all the emails though! Thank you they mean alot! Had to speak again in church on sunday, the bishop asked us right before sacrament. So i just shared a spiritual thought and my testimony and that was it! There is a reference to my name in DC 49 24! On thursday we had interveiws with president. Those went good. I like talking to him, after that we had a baptism! His name is tevita it went good except the font was a bit difficult. Wish i had time to explain the difficulties with it ahaha but it was good. And another update, today is my 200th day on the mission! So that's about all for this week sorry it was short! I hope you enjoyed it though! If anyone has any update on if isaac is doing his papers i would like to know cause i never hear from him! Thanks for all the love and support! I love you all!
Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment