I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Another transfer in the bag.

Hey everyone hope you're all well! I gotta start makin these emails a tad shorter so i'm sorry! 7/8 We went to a birthday of a couple kids in the ward. It was good! we got some delicious sherbet ice cream It was great! 7/9 Not alot happened. Caroline was still in Vava'u so we never really got to progress with her. it was sad. I was really looking forward to see where she would progress too. 7/10 We ran into a guy from cali that asked what we were doin. She said we were on a mission. And he was like what's that like? We said just sharing a message. and he was like what's the message so we told him basically christs church has been restored. He was pretty interesting. He started throwing all these scriptures at us from the bible and everything and we were just like wow haha. it was a interesting experience. We told him what the book of mormon was about and he was like oh. We didn't want to bash with him cause we'd never see him again so we just let him talk and say what he wanted. Then we wanted to gather in a circle for a prayer right out there in the open outside with his 2 buddies and us. We were just like alright (not many people were outside so we accepted) but we both wanted to say, doesn't the bible say not to pray inpublic? But we figured his intentions were probably good. He even threw som specific verses in his prayer too. It was odd wish i could explain better haha. well we went to church and gave our talks. They went well. It was on m russle ballards talk in conference about finding joy in loving service. I just read a few paragraphs from that and read about how members are missionaries to and told everyone we need their help finding people, they know where the people who are ready live and we use alot of time on people not ready so their help would be grand. and i did a little object lesson with them haha. It was good all in all. Everyone after asked if our fafanga was able and made sure we could eat. Funny how they do that after you ask for some help haha. well that night we got a call from zl's and said Makasini and I were both leaving Kolomotu'a. I had been there since April so like 3 months there with Makasini. I didnt sleep real well that night. All i knew is we were leaving. We don't know where or who our comps will be until we are actually like, there and moved. I also finished my first missionary journal! 7/11 we got ready cleaned the house and waited to get picked up. the zone leaders came to get me. Said bye to the family next door and to Makasini. Man it was going to be weird without him. I loved my  time with him in Kolomotu'a. well my new companion is elder Langi. Tongan from here. Speaks good english though cause they have to at school. We are on the very east side in Niutoua. I'm lucky to be able to be emailing right now. There is like no where to internet so i got lucky that the stake center here a couple towns over has it and we could get on. I was really worried i wasn't going to be able to. I love emailing so much and it means alot to hear from everyone and i just always look forward to it. But there will be a time to come when i won't get to for awhile. So if I don't get to at any time, i'm sorry, i'm not dead, there just is no email. But that doesn't mean you cant still email me. I'll write letters when i don't have email. I just got lucky this time! Anyway got to my area and we get to have bikes! We went for a ride, my chain came off, langi cut in front of me and i ran into him and hopped off the bike haha. No injuries. then on the way back his bike didn't work, he couldn't peddle. in my area there is this thing called the Ha'amonga. You might be able to google it. It's like stonehedge. No one really knows how it got here. They are rocks from fiji. It's pretty sweet. And i'm right by the ocean, man i love it. It's so pretty! I'm out in like a jungle area too. They call it the bush. Just lots of trees and stuff! I was really worred abou this transfer and was having a hard time this day. But i'm good now. 7/12 a much better day. and went quick! lots of the day i spent reading the liahona in tongan. Our district meeting got cancelled. yet again my comp is the district leader. So far all of my comps have been. I decided i really love reading these magazines. So that's the challenge for this week. Read the church magazines. They have some great stuff! I got a haircut! It's a 4 on my whole head. I look like a soldier. but i think it looks pretty decent! 7/13 we fixed the bike! we rode i swear it was the whole island but it wasnt'. needless to say my butt is sore! right now we have 3 in our companion ship because one is waiting for his companion to come from another island. Well that's about all! I love and miss you all! Thank you for your support!
Love Elder Rose 

No comments:

Post a Comment