I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

It's been a minute.

Hey everyone! Loved all your emails! Sorry wasnt' able to do this last week! I yet again dont have lots of time so this will be quick again. Definitely been a hard transfer but we are doin good still. Just trusting the lord and doing my best! That's what life is about right! It was quite the relief for me to get to read some emails today! Really needed it! A couple highlights from the past weeks! I've had 3 baptisms and expecting a couple more this transfer. Some people are committed just need to figure out the date they'll do it. had to speak in sacrament some more which went alright. got a few new scars on my right foot, had some spankings from the tongan missionaries and spanked some in return haha. I got a package from dad and grandma and grandpa rose. That was awesome! It was missent to sydney austrailia but i got it now! Thank you for that! Met DJ Rose. He keeps trying to figure out if we are family haha his last name really is rose and he's a popular DJ out here. I've had to teach a lesson in district meeting. Just tryin my best everyday. This language is still such a struggle but, i'm doin what i can. It's really hard to hear and comprehend. I can read and comprehend pretty well but listening is totally different. any advice on how to improve that would be nice. Good luck to my buddies Casey tanner and Mike mac on thier missions! They are both in the MTC. Way proud of them! Congratulations to my sister cortnie. I will be an Uncle again! Well the thing or challenge i guess this week for you is I want you to really think about what the purpose of life is. Think hard about it. If you need help you can find it in Joshua 24:15 in the Bible or Alma 34:32 in the Book of Mormon. Just think about life and take a step back and see what your purpose is and your goals in life are. Are they inline with Gods? Just something i thought about. Really can help you improve your life if you do i promise. Well hope that helped you all. Thank you all so much for all the love and support. Hopefuly my next area i can email more consistent and get more time. I love you all and miss you like crazy! A mission is definitely one of the most amazing, unforgettable, molding (for the better), life changing (for the better), hard (for the better) experiences. You find out alot about who you truely are. I know God lives and is real and loves us. I read a scripture last night in DC it's when joseph smith is in jail and he's praying. God talks to him and says my son your tribulation will be but a small moment and if you endure it well thou wilt be exalted on high. I was just thinking, well, if life is hard, straight through all the way, life is but a small moment compared to forever. Just kinda motivation to always just do your best even when it's hard and easy to just do the wrong thing. We can know if we do our best and just endure it well, we will be happy forever. If you get persecuted for doing the right thing, so what, if you really believe in God, you can know he's pleased with you and your joy will be greater than those who persecute you. Just do your best everyone. I love you all!
Love Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment