I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.

Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ending a chapter, and starting a new one.

Hello everyone back in utah, i think you are all still in utah. Who know's? haha. I want you all to know I enjoy all your emails and all the love, support, prayers, and help you all offer to me! It blesses my life greatly and and am truely grateful. Alrighty. it is 725 pm on thursday night here in tonga. This will be the last email from me for this transfer! Just dandy aint it? Already a transfer gone by! This last week was probably the fastest one i've had here! anyway i'll now get to the details of my days. 4/7 After i emailed you all last time i had our baptism service for 2 of our investigators! Sione and Atimata! I was lucky enough to perform the ordinance for both of them! haha here is how they went... Atimata went first. She is so shy. She put one foot in the font and was 99% sure she was going to jump back out. She was scared of all the people watching. she slowly went down the steps and just waited at the last one. She finally came all the way in and wouldnt' stop bouncing up and down. But i just said the prayer and she went down and came out and that went smoothly! Okay now Sione's turn. He is about 6 3. The water in the font wasn't really filled to high. That's great. I say the prayer and i go to get him down but he stops and like slips up! we have to do it again. I go to dunk him and yet again he stops. Everything under but his arms. and comes back up. Have to do it again. 3rd time is the charm right? Well we do it and he stops at the same place. But this time i shoved him under hard and he lucky went under! haha what a wonderful day in tonga. luckily he is a really smiley guy and didn't seem too embarrassed. I love that guy he's way awesome. well that was my baptism! 4/8 I read the Book of Mormon alot that day. We are really blessed to have that book. It contains so much! I love reading it. anyway so we went out and about and i started to feel a little sick but we kept going. We went over the the Kolomotu'a elders house and talked with them for a bit. The longer we stayed the more sick i felt. I started to get a pounding head ache and i felt my forehead and it felt really hot. Then it came time to go to our fafanga and i really didn't want to go. I just wanted to go home. But we went. I didn't really eat alot and the people kept saying "kai Lahi kai lahi" which is eat lots eat lots! I said oku ou feinga pe. I'm trying. haha. anyway so we finished that and i came home and checked my temp. Just a little warm at 101.1 F. Then elder fale told me something that Lomio said. We blessed Lomios wife last week. I guess when we blessed her a miracle happened. Well after we took our hands off from doing the annointing and before we put our hands back on she said she felt someone elses hands already on her head. That was cool. Then the next day someone called her saying he could help but she said no it's okay. Lomio went to the temple that day and felt she should go to this guy. She remembered in the blessing my comp gave he said that if she wants a blessing she should go find it. She decided to go to this guy and he was able to help her and heal her. Pretty cool huh? Well now we get to 4/9. Probably the best day of my life. I woke up at 5 and felt worse. I just layed in bed all day. the Zone Leaders came and called sister west, the nurse for me. She came over at about 5 o clock in the evening. i had to get up and sit in a chair while she checked my blood pressure and pulse and temp and stuff. So basically my blood pressure and pulse plummeted. and lucky me my fever was now 103! Hey that rhymes! haha. anyway she said she'd take me for a ride to cool me down. When I got up i got real dizzy. she had elder nai (basically hulk in disguise) help me to the car. Pretty sure if he wasn't there i would have passed out, or if the car was further away. i just about did by the time i got to sit in the car. she said i wasn't going to sleep there tonight but in the office elders house with air conditioning. she got me a coke and a felt a bit better. Basically when we got the the house i had some chicken noodle soup and crackers and slept. she got me some anti biotics for the soar throat i had too. She said you wont tell your mom about this right i said she was a nurse and would just tell me to suck it up. :) Love you mom. anyway 4/10 i woke up and felt a little bit better. i layed around for a bit and i got lucky. I got to go to the mission office to watch preisthood session in english! That's all the conference i got to see though. But President monson was funny. It made me excited to get married too! Oh and guess what! I got a letter! I got it from Grandma and Grandpa Neilson. I went through SLC postage Mar 7 and Tonga postage April 7 haha. So i guess stuff takes about a month to get here. I hear it kinda varies though. Kevin you asked if i can buy stuff here. I don't really get a chance to go into town really. Kinda sucks. All i get is 20 bucks a week and i always spend it on like some crackers so i can eat something in the morning but if i'm able to get to town more i'll let you know. Hopefully i get the other mail soon! I read a book called missionary miracles. It was pretty cool. I read one where a kids mom had breast cancer and knew she'd die like 2 months after he left. Thier goodbye was as you'd imagine it would be. She died while he was gone. Made me really appreciate everything my mom does for me. So mom just to let you know I'm thankful for all you do for me and I love you very much! I get to call you in a month! anyway. 4/11 I read the Book of mormon more. Felt pretty good. We waited in the office for the zone leaders so they could take us back home. Nothin else really happened that day. 4/12 We woke up to find a key to open the church for district meeting. at district meeting i gave the moto and purpose. then we just did laundry and i organized all my stuff. Then we went to our fafanga and after that visited a recent converted family. They were doing good! Yesterday 4/13 we had our quarterly interview with prez. I love that guy i could talk to him forever. just basically makin sure everything is okay and if we needed anything. After that I have a needed nap and studied the language. Then we went to our fafanga and Lomio came. He's a funny guy. We went and listened to the ward choir. Basically the whole ward kids and all. They sound good! Maybe I'll record them! Well after that we played tennis. We basically do every night to exercise. so I might go to wimbledon when i get home ;) haha just playin. but i did beat my comp 6-3, 6-0 i was happy cause he usually always wins but my inner roger fedderer came out. haha. then today which happens to be day 100 of the mission. we went and played volleyball all day. Guess what? I ate my first dog! It's good! kinda like pig but way more tender. It's good. I'm just glad i didn't have to watch them kill the thing! Made it easier to eat! Anyway That's about all! Until next week! I love you all and miss you all! Thanks for all you do! Who knows i might be on a smaller island next email!
Ofa atu
 Elder Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment