I am Elder Jake Rose, and I am currently serving in the Tonga Nuka'alofa mission. I left to the MTC January 5, 2011 and will arrive back to my home in Utah in two quick years.
This is my story and the stories of the people of Tonga.





Elder Jacob Aaron Rose

Tonga Nuku'alofa Mission

P.O. Box 58

Nuku'alofa, Tongatapu, Tonga

South Pacific

Friday, January 14, 2011

Yay it's finally p day! My time in the MTC has been great! I've been doing really good! I'm used to change in my life so adjusting wasn't to hard! I've been having fun! My companions name is Elder Jacob Aaron Michael. Kinda cool huh? He has an explosive blatter we spend alot of time in the bathroom haha but I love him. He's from L.A. We get along pretty well! We have a way sweet district. Elder Trower, Fotu-Tau'aho, Pau'u (that means naughty in tongan), Howell, Unga, Chandler, Hettig (from New Zealand. Sweet accent), Martinez, Fisher (from St. G and my friend heather told me about him. He's a cool cat.) and Leavitt (from Boise) We are all way close already it's sweet. My teachers are Bro. Yates, Payne, and Williams. They are all cool too! The language is comin along. I can pray and say basic sentences in Tongan and yeah. I hope I start to progress faster! The first 4 days were way way slow but since then it has flown by!! And now it seems like i've been here forever! I like it here. The food isn't to bad either. It's definitely blessed because I go poop like 3 times a day and that is how much you are supposed to if you are healthy! The blessings start there haha. I'm In the Dan Jones building! Room 235. I think kevin and jake hamblin were both in it! I've seen alot of my friends here and it's cool to see them! I really have had a great experience here so far. But i'm still so excited to get to Tonga! At the devotional on tuesday night we got very blessed. Elder Holland came and spoke to us. He's always been one of my favorite speakers and he spoke with such passion. It was amazing. My testimony about the savior grew. He talked about peter not doing as the lord asked until after three times he said do you love me, feed my sheep and leave your fishing! The spirit was strong. He said that we need to be the best missionaries the church has ever seen. No pressure or anything huh? The routine is the same basically every day. wake up eat class eat class gym. The norm. playing basketball here has been fun in gym. Things I need: 4 more pairs of drilux garments jersey kind. not the round neck. small bottoms and tops. Baby powder. stamps the FOREVER kind. and i don't know what else. I'm likin the candy I've gotten from grandma n. I love the dearelders. Those are great. My wrists hurt from typing. The night We got here we went into this room and an investigator named bobby jamison came in and all we were supposed to do as a big group was get to know him and not really teach a lesson. I really felt the true love of christ in the experience. I loved him and I wanted to help him so bad. he was so loving towards his children but rarely got to see them. We've been having fun in our dorms as a district! Im excited to send my sim card home so you can all see my pictures. It's crazy how many people you meet here and where everyone is from! They come from all ends of the earth! Brother Yates was telling us about his mission in tonga. He got back in april. He's my favorite teacher by the way. I'll basically wear a lava lava the whole time. He didn't wear his suit once. I'll get to wear flip flops all the time. It takes about two weeks for letters to get from tonga to home and then two weeks from here to tonga so that will be fun! I'll have email on the bigger islands but some of the smaller ones wont get internet so sorry about that. But letters are great! I like them lots! Everyone is jealous cause I've gotten mail like every day and some people havent gotten any yet. That's the great thing about lots of family haha. I love letters though. keep them coming. How are the jazz doing? How is everyone? anything exciting happening to anyone while I've been gone this past week that has seemed like a long time? haha. I'm doing my laundry now. i'm glad to finally have p day and have a break. The beds kinda stink ahaha one pillow is not enough and two is too many. but I get the ground in Tonga so that will be fun! haha. Mom I'll send your tape back today. I have to go talk on it haha. it was fun yesterday seeing all the new missionaries I feel old already haha. But i still have 8 more long but quick weeks! Im excited though. I need to get my real intent of being here though is to serve people and save their soul. Right now it's just cause I wanna see tonga haha but I'm changing it. Tonga is just a sweet place to go! I hope I can help you all while Im out here serving the lord with all i have! I don't have much time to think about home cause they keep us super busy! That's why i haven't been able to write anyone back yet! Sorry all! I'll be better! I love you all and miss you all and can't wait to keep hearing about all that's going on! You are all in my prayers and thoughts when I have time to think about things other than the language and the gospel. But that's what I'm supposed to do right? I love the gospel and my love for the savior and desire to serve him grows more every day. We actually taught people in our zone the first lesson and I feel like me and my Hoa (companion) do really well at helping people with what they need to hear even if we don't get to teach all of the first lesson. We get deep with people and that is how we will be able to touch them most. I love it. I love to help people. It's so satisfying to see happiness in people eyes because of it! I hope all of you are trying to grow closer to the savior with me and challenge you to do so if you havent. Read and pray often! I love you all! Ofa Atu! Til next week!
 
Elder Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment